Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getting Spoiled

We were so spoiled when MomMom and PopPop Al came to town on Valentine's Day.

So of course, we had to "heart attack" their bedroom door.

But, seriously, these short visits are killing me. After my month in Maryland this past summer, these short ones pass too quickly! But, we are so glad they came.

We kept busy with manicures for Mom, Laney, and me, a trip to the Capitol Building (which is GORGEOUS) and Temple Square, playing games, and a movie!


I loved this picture that my mom took. Mom and Al have been to a lot of Capitol buildings and he was impressed with ours. I have to say I was too. I had never been there before. Steve had one of his proms there. That would have been fun.



We were able to sneak in on a session. I was surprised at how intently the boys were listening to all that was happening below.

Stopping for a few family pics.






After the Capitol building and lunch, we took a quick jaunt over to Temple Square.

Below is one of my favorite things at Temple Square. This display is of Jerusalem during Christ's time and different parts light up corresponding with the button you push. I would love to take my scriptures there one day and see the different places as I read about them. Nerdy, I know.





I just had to throw this picture in that my mom took. I love this little girl of mine!


After I returned home from the airport I was sitting cuddling with Ethan and Alayna, Steve was in the chair, and we were talking about our fun time with them. Ethan turns to me and says, "I bet you cried." Of course I told him that was silly and I never cry. The look on his face was priceless! Of course I got a little teary. Goodbyes are hard!

Come back any time!

Please!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

How neat to have more family come visit. It sure means a lot doesn't it? I like seeing the various capitol buildings too!

Looks like Ethan had a fun friends party. My kids would LOVE going to a place like that!

Simply Us said...

Looks like you had a great visit!! Your kiddos look happy to have MomMom there. I love Laney's jacket and your dress!!