Steve and I have had many fun adventures together. And, they all started from the time before we were married. This one happened the night before. First, I need to give you a little background, and maybe a little insight as to why this story is funny to us.
Steve and I met, got engaged, and were married all before the earth had even traveled around the sun 365 times. Our relationship moved fast. If truth be told, from the time we started dating to the time we were married was 7 months. I know fast! But when it's right it's right.
But, still when you've only really known someone for 7 months and you get a call from the police asking if you know your fiance....who you are marrying the next day...
So, my family was so great to support me and to fly out to Utah for my wedding. And, I was so excited to see them...I always am. And, because I am really a traditional girl at heart, I wanted to be with my family the night before my wedding. One of the things we did was go out to eat. And, somehow, I know my mind wasn't all there maybe in the excitement...sshhh, it really was nervousness...I left my planner (remember when those were popular?) which I used as my wallet on top of my car as we were headed to dinner and drove off.
Yep, I really did that.
I didn't even know later until Steve called me and told me. Wait, what? How did Steve know? Weren't you spending the night with your own family? Yep.
This is where the police come in. They had called him.
And they asked him if he knew me. Umm..yah, we are getting married tomorrow. So, they didn't tell him why, they just asked him to come down to the police station.
Can you imagine all the things that would be running through his head? I can.
And, they aren't all good.
Luckily to his relief, they handed him my planner and told him that a good samaritan had turned it in and that it had been found on the street. It was a little, actually a lot, worse for it's up close and personal encounter with the street.
Boy was I lucky.
My temple recommend was in there.
Maybe I almost wouldn't be celebrating my 13th anniversary today.
But, it is right.
And it all worked out.



3 comments:
That's an unbelievable story. They didn't tell him WHY he should come down to the POLICE STATION!?! I would have been really mad at having all that worry for no good reason. Glad it turned out well and that you can laugh about it now. :)
Congratulations on 13 years!
I've never heard that story, Tiercy. Amazing. And scary all rolled into one.
Love the slide show. What program did you use? Very well done and cute!
Happy Anniversary to you both.
I've never heard that story, Tiercy. Amazing. And scary all rolled into one.
Love the slide show. What program did you use? Very well done and cute!
Happy Anniversary to you both.
Post a Comment